A message to all our clients,
We are truly living in unique times with the novel The Coronavirus (COVID-19). At MacMyDay, we believe in the importance of the health, safety, and well-being of our customers, family, friends, and communities. With that in mind, we wanted to update you to safety procedures being implemented by our company to ensure the safety of our customers as well as our technicians.
We believe that the service we provide as a computer and digital communications is an essential one. We are committed to continuing to serve our customers in a safe and responsible manner.
Before scheduling an appointment with us, we ask our clients to inform us if they are feeling sick with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms.
As of Monday, March 23, 2020, we will be implementing measures to safeguard our clients and technicians. If we need to work on repairs, we will pick up and drop off from your front porch or outside your office. After picking up computer hardware that needs to be serviced off-site, we will disinfect the hardware with wipes before returning it to our clients. In case we need to enter in your residence or office, our technicians will have safeguards in place, including wearing protective gloves, mask and booties. Our technicians will respect the established six-foot social distancing limit when visiting clients at their home or business.
With the temporary changes to our on-site tech support policy, we wanted to assure you we are available to help in other ways:
- Remote support: utilizing secure screen sharing between your computer and ours, where we can do various tasks (troubleshooting, system backups, software installation/updates).
- Phone support: for quick tech questions.
- Corporate services:We can help setup secure screen sharing between your home and your office. Work email. Remote access (with special conditions) to office servers and networks via VPN.
Advice for keeping computer equipment clean:
- Basic computer cleaning: Computer equipment is very sensitive. Do not use bleach (other abrasive cleaners) or soap & water with your computer equipment (the liquid will damage your equipment). Wipe your mouse, trackpad, and keyboard with disinfectant wipes (the ones that kill 99.9% of viruses). Before you use the wipes, make sure to wring outexcess liquid, so it does not leak into the keyboard. If you are concerned about cleaning your equipment, please contact us before you proceed. Also make sure you wipe down all desk and workstation surfaces (mouse pad, keyboard pad, charging cables, etc.). Please remember to wash your hands before touching your computer and equipment.
- For the safety of you and others, you should not have other people touch and use your computers, iPhone or iPad.
- Also, we’ve seen a rise in phishing emails, texts and phone calls, regarding the virus and government support. Including spam calls about getting federal check quicker with your credit card information. Decline and do not give any of your personal information out.
The MacMyDay team are here for you.
To set up an appointment or if you need additional information please contact us.
Stay healthy everyone!